This position is for a non-voting member of the American Mensa Committee as Membership Officer.
As a member of the AMC, you would normally attend four in-person meetings per year, one of those meetings is the Annual Gathering.
Pursuant to AML’s Bylaws, the duties of the Membership Officer shall be those implied by the title, as well as any other duties which may be assigned to them by the American Mensa Committee. In addition to the general responsibilities, the Membership Officer has additional specific responsibilities.
- Along with the Membership Committee, coordinates activities relating to members, member benefits and services, retention of members and membership renewals.
- Acts as an advisor to AMC, other committees, Local Groups, and staff in matters pertaining to membership issues.
- Monitors and participates in the Membership Officer Mensa Connect community.
- Coordinates activities, such as SIGs and SIGHT.
- Conducts periodic surveys of members, such as local group leaders, lapsed members, volunteers, etc.
Charge of the Membership Committee:
The Membership Committee is charged with coordinating activities relating to members, member benefits and services, retention of members, membership renewals, etc.